The Harwich Conservation Trust (HCT) is a leader in creating public-private land conservation partnerships that sustain Harwich as a livable, vibrant community for current and future generations. Harwich’s sandy beaches, windswept marshes, quiet woods, and sun-dappled waters create a fragile place that is home to residents and a destination for tourists. Over-development erodes the environmental qualities that shape our sense of place. HCT seeks to preserve Harwich’s quality of life by protecting priority lands because it is the smart, practical, necessary thing to do for ourselves, our families, our town, our region. HCT is pleased to offer four residential positions for the 2013 summer. Successful candidates will have a passion for the environment, a wiliness to learn and assist a small non-profit land trust to further the goals of the trust to preserve and protect open space in Harwich.
Outreach and Events Intern will assist staff with forwarding the mission of the Harwich Conservation Trust. Candidate will report to HCT Outreach & Stewardship Coordinator and the Executive Director. Assists with organizational functionality. Internship will help fulfill the day-to day internal needs of HCT. Tasks may include membership-processing, improvements to document organization, public relations and event planning.
- Perform office- based tasks as directed.
- Assist staff with coordination of volunteer events
- Coordinate intern-led walk schedule and publicity
- Assist in coordinating HCT special events such as major fundraisers.
- Assist with land acquisition, fundraising, and other projects as needed
- Update databases and open space profiles
- Interest in working outdoors and a commitment to conservation.
- Willingness and enthusiasm to perform indoor tasks to further HCT’s Mission.
- Full-time student status at an institution of higher education
- Basic invasive plant identification and removal techniques.
- Depending on candidate’s strengths, training will be provided for required tasks.
- Individual orientation to introduce the volunteer to his/her associated responsibilities.
- Periodic training throughout internship
Commitment: Summer 2013, four, 8-10 hour days a week
- Housing provided
- Satisfaction of directly participating in local conservation and preservation efforts.
- Introduction to community outreach initiatives and event coordination
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume by February 27, 2013 via email to Ryan Mann at email@example.com.