The Fundraising & Grant Writing Assistant will be involved with fundraising opportunities and/or preparing applications for grants to support the land protection and stewardship efforts of Harwich Conservation Trust (HCT).
- Identifying and developing fundraising opportunities (including requests for donations, special events, etc.)
- Identifying and researching potential grant opportunities
- Writing, editing, and reviewing current or recent grants
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Regular internet access (preferably high-speed, but not necessary)
- Prior fundraising or grant writing experience is preferred, but not required
- Introduction to land trust efforts, goals, business, and the important role of grants and fundraising
- Basic introduction to grant-writing with HCT’s Grant-Writing resource guide
- To facilitate “learning by doing,” HCT staff will also provide constructive comments
The majority of duties for this position may be conducted from home or outside of the Trust’s office but require adherence to grant deadlines. The periodic need for fundraising and grant writing support will coincide with generally seasonal schedules of funding opportunities. However, volunteers are encouraged to take advantage of “off seasons” by familiarizing themselves with HCT’s history, needs, goals and even the properties themselves to assist in the pursuit of funding and grant applications.
- Satisfaction of directly participating in local conservation and preservation efforts.
- Introduction to and development of grant writing skills and fundraising experience
- Non-profit business experience
Michael Lach, HCT Executive Director